What We Do / Business Disputes
Fraud Recovery & White-Collar Crime
There is no time to learn on the job in fraud cases.
Fraudulent activity can have a significant impact on a company’s business operations, financial security, as well as its future activities. The aggrieved parties that we represent have very little time to level the asymmetry of information exploited by fraudsters and prevail in the dispute. With this aim in mind, we take robust and decisive steps for our clients.
Representative fraud recovery projects in which our lawyers have taken part include:
- representing a foreign healthcare company in a dispute related to a transaction-turn-fraud scheme undertaken at the height of the pandemic;
- representing an international entertainment company in a fraud case tried against Polish counterparties;
- advising a foreign investment fund on the challenging long-term process of pursuing and recovering funds from their Polish business partner;
- advising a large consumer business on a fraud case concerning orders made by a Polish individual passing himself off as an employee of a respectable Polish reseller;
- representing a large agricultural producer in international fraud litigation against a Polish entity with claims arising out of the non-performance of a contract for sales of goods.